Wednesday, December 30, 2009

momstown Calgary-North is here!

My name is Jen and I am “mama” (as my daughter says) to energetic Ellie, 22 months old. Ellie is anxiously awaiting the arrival of her sibling due in March, exactly 4 days after her 2nd birthday. I dare to assume, I will be one busy mama. But I love being a mom – there is no job more rewarding or more challenging. A perfect combination, if you ask me.

Since moving to Alberta 10 years ago without my family, I have realized the importance of having a support network in place. Since becoming a mother, I have realized it now more than ever. I suddenly longed the support and conversation new moms crave and shortly after Ellie’s birth sought out moms groups to provide the exact environment I was looking for. While I found many online support groups, I found it difficult to meet moms face to face in places which would accommodate both my needs and Ellie’s needs.

And then I discovered momstown.ca; wildly popular in Ontario and definitely needed in every province. momstown.ca is the perfect place to connect with your neighborhood moms both online and offline. So here I am…bringing momstown.ca to Alberta, Calgary North to be specific, in hopes that all moms will share in my passion for motherhood. I am looking forward to providing a forum for moms to connect face to face in our community. Welcome to momstown!

No comments:

Post a Comment