If you read this blog regularly, you will know that we have a number of people with food sensitivities, myself included, within in our group. As someone who understands what it is like to not be able to eat a lot of things, I try to avoid giving gifts of treats and candy when I can. I also like to reuse materials, be crafty, and be conscious of the environment.
That lead me to Valentine's Day this year. I needed approximately 15 Valentine's Day cards for a group of preschoolers, and I wanted to give them something a little more than just a card. As I was searching through my craft closet for inspiration, I came across my bags of ribbon and felt scraps, and it occurred to me that maybe I could use them to make some kind of bracelet. I looked into the next drawer, and found a bag of miscellaneous buttons. I put the three items together, and came up with these heart bracelets:
I started by cutting out a number of heart shapes out of red and pink felt scraps (each heart measured approximately 2.5 cm across). I then selected scraps of red, pink, white, and purple ribbon that were long enough to tie into a bow around a child's wrist, and found purple, red, white, and pink buttons.
From there, assembling the bracelets was easy. I simply placed a button on the centre of a felt heart, and threaded a length of ribbon through a wide needle. I poked the needle through the back side of the felt heart, and up through a hole in the button. I then passed the needle through the opposite button hole, and pulled the ribbon through. I did the project myself this time, but it would be an excellent craft to do with a five or six year old who is just learning to sew, as each bracelet only required one "up and down" type stitch and a blunt needle. In less than an hour, I had 15 bracelets completed:
I then cut out blue cardstock rectangles, and tied a bracelet around each one:
A "Happy Valentine's Day" message on the front, and a "You are Cute as a Button, Valentine" message on the back completed the cards:
The two boys in the group each received a glow bracelet Valentine with "You Light Up My Life, Valentine" written on the back. With just a few minutes, and a few scraps you probably have around your house, you can make your own heart bracelet and wear your heart on your sleeve this Valentine's Day too.
Link exchange is nothing else except it is
ReplyDeletesimply placing the other person's weblog link on your page at proper place and other person will also do similar in favor of you.
my homepage ... binary options trading signals (onlinelatestmovie.com)
I don't even understand how I finished up right here, but I thought this publish used to be great. I don't recognise who you're however certainly you're going to a famous blogger when you are not
ReplyDeletealready. Cheers!
My web blog - offshore betting
Pretty nice post. I just stumbled upon your blog and
ReplyDeletewished to say that I have truly enjoyed surfing around your blog posts.
After all I'll be subscribing to your rss feed and I hope you write again soon!
Visit my website :: forex cash magnet reviews
My spouse and I stumbled over here coming from a different page and
ReplyDeletethought I should check things out. I like what
I see so i am just following you. Look forward to exploring your web page yet again.
my page ... Vps Host
What's up i am kavin, its my first occasion to commenting anywhere, when i read this article i thought i could also create comment due to this brilliant piece of writing.
ReplyDeletemy blog; hair styles for round faces
If some one desires expert view concerning blogging afterward i recommend him/her
ReplyDeleteto visit this website, Keep up the nice
job.
Also visit my webpage cheap windows vps ()
Useful info. Lucky me I discovered your website accidentally, and I'm stunned why this twist of fate did not happened in advance! I bookmarked it.
ReplyDeleteStop by my site weak hair advice :: ::