Here's a story I think we can all relate to. At least, I hope it's not just me who runs into these problems. A while back, I was invited to an evening event celebrating a friend's graduation. I had plenty of time to prepare for it. But, having just had a baby, there is no such thing as time. And so, there I stood, an hour before the event was to start, staring blankly into my closet. I visually el
iminated 90% of my wardrobe right then and there. Button down shirts? No good for the new and improved nursing boobs. Tight fitting tops? No good for the "just had a baby" belly. Jeans? Not quite getting up over those hips yet. I went into a state of panic and wondered if it would be bad to show up in my comfy lulus or better yet, to cancel? I decided to take a break from the wardrobe and turn my attention to hair and make up. And again, there I stood, this time in front of the mirror trying to figure out what to do with the hair that had clearly fallen to the bottom of the list of priorities too many times. I did what no one should EVER do; I cut my own hair. I know this sounds like it could have had terrible results but it really wasn't that bad. And, I was right. Once the hair and makeup were in place (topped off with a chunky necklace to keep those eyes up and away from the problem areas), the wardrobe followed and I managed to pull it together. Proof that moms CAN be sweatpant wearing by day and stiletto wearing by night. Which is why momstown Calgary North devotes at least one night a month to Moms Night Out. Not that we're necessarily strapping on our stilettos, but at the very least we get to leave the house with a handbag instead of a diaper bag.
iminated 90% of my wardrobe right then and there. Button down shirts? No good for the new and improved nursing boobs. Tight fitting tops? No good for the "just had a baby" belly. Jeans? Not quite getting up over those hips yet. I went into a state of panic and wondered if it would be bad to show up in my comfy lulus or better yet, to cancel? I decided to take a break from the wardrobe and turn my attention to hair and make up. And again, there I stood, this time in front of the mirror trying to figure out what to do with the hair that had clearly fallen to the bottom of the list of priorities too many times. I did what no one should EVER do; I cut my own hair. I know this sounds like it could have had terrible results but it really wasn't that bad. And, I was right. Once the hair and makeup were in place (topped off with a chunky necklace to keep those eyes up and away from the problem areas), the wardrobe followed and I managed to pull it together. Proof that moms CAN be sweatpant wearing by day and stiletto wearing by night. Which is why momstown Calgary North devotes at least one night a month to Moms Night Out. Not that we're necessarily strapping on our stilettos, but at the very least we get to leave the house with a handbag instead of a diaper bag.The month of May took us to Color Me Mine, a pottery studio. We had a blast laughing, sharing stories and talking about current events. In fact, we were so busy having a good time we may have fallen a bit behind with our painting. We were only mildly stressed when the studio announced there were just 20 minutes left to finish our creations. This proved to be quite the challenge especially for one of us (not naming names) who literally painted the word Santa on her piece as S-A-N-A at the 20 minutes remaining mark. Oops.
But we did what moms do best and worked well under pressure. Everything got done and a GREAT time was had by all. All moms do deserve a time out and momstown is a great group to have it with!
Gods.. I love the way you look, so sweet and hot
ReplyDeletejongen1982x@h--m---.c--