Thursday, June 3, 2010

momstown Gets Busy Despite Some Wacky Weather

I've lived in Calgary for 10 years now so you'd think I'd be used to the extreme changes in weather systems by now. You know, the ones where it goes from minus 40 to plus 17 in a mere 2 days. I certainly don't complain when that happens, especially during the winter freeze. But it gets a little tough to swallow when we go from plus 20 to SNOW as we head into June. These pictures were taken over the span of a week and a half:

Sun hats, shorts, picnics and...snowsuits??? Huh???

Despite all the wacky weather, we managed to take advantage of a beautiful Victoria Day for our monthly "momstown busytown" feature. We met at Riley Park.

Played Ring Around the Rosie:
And PARACHUTE GAMES:

Some PLAYGROUND fun too:
A SNACK to keep us going:
And, after all that, a NAP was in order:

What a great day and a great group.  We are looking forward to "momstown busytown" in June. Please join us.

And here is what I leave you with.  Because who can resist baby's first smile? :-)




2 comments:

  1. Remind me not to move to Calgary I think I may have a breakdown if we had snow in May!

    ReplyDelete