Friday, June 25, 2010

momstown lends a helping hand to chef mommy

Do you ever feel like you make the same meals over and over?  You stick to what's quick and easy and most of all, you stick to what you know?  Meal planning is never on my radar, ever.  I make sure the fridge, freezer and pantry are stocked and at about 3 o'clock daily, I wander into the kitchen and decide what to make.  Obviously, by that time of day, it better be something quick, something easy and something I have ingredients for.  Hence, the need for a well stocked kitchen at all times.  I suppose this is why I make the same meals over and over.  Because it's what I know and who has time to look something up anyways.  Am I bored of the same meals?  Absolutely.  Is my family? Probably.  But they know better than to ever utter a word about what's put before them. 
Well, for their sake, Mom's Night Out (MNO) could not have come at a better time.  At first glance, it seemed like a typical night out with the ladies.  Some drinks, some food, lots of laughs.  But the theme of the evening was meal preparation and so each mom was to bring a copy of their favorite recipe for each mom in attendance.
After some good old fashioned conversation that kept us all in high spirits, we each took home a whole new set of recipes and momstown made sure each mom had a wee something to take home for the little ones.  Once you prepare those meals, the littles need something to eat it with!!
Now, don't you wish what we made at home looked like this?
If you haven't checked us out yet, please join us We are always willing to lend a helping hand.

3 comments:

  1. what was the best recipe? i sooo neeed ideas too! can't wait for the momstown meals blog to open up!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can't wait for momstown meals either I am exactly the same I am not a pre-planner, I swear i used to love to cook when it felt like I had time, now I just whip something up each night. I think we will plan to do this same type of thing soon!

    ReplyDelete
  3. this is a great idea! I like to calendar out my meals a week in advance but its always the same stuff - need some new recipe additions....

    ReplyDelete