When it came time for my firstborn to start solids, I opted for the homemade baby food route. Not only did I like the idea of knowing what my baby was eating but I also liked the price. After all, I am cheap and if I don't have to shell out money for something, I won't. Simple as that. (fyi - the money factor is also one reason why I don't use wipes and why I breastfeed my babes and I like to think that all these savings give me the green light to spend elsewhere. My hubby tends to disagree with this).
Anyways, fellow mommies reacted to my baby food making in one of two ways: very supportive and encouraging or downright unsupportive and discouraging accompanied by a laugh and a "that'll never last". I am proud to say that it did last and I didn't even find it hard. Fast forward to babe number 2 and convenience is my new middle name. But, I'm still committed to making my own baby food and do not foresee any major problems in doing so. Having said that though, all moms of many can attest that time is of the essence and so I wondered how can I make this even easier? Enter momstown mamas and babes. We've got a good crew of babies in and around the entering solids stage. And we've got a good crew of mamas who also make or want to make homemade baby food. We gathered one fine morning in my kitchen while the babies played in chairs, saucers and swings to wash, peel, bake, steam and blend.
Just an hour and half later each mom was able to take home several portions of a variety of foods for the freezer. We just figured out a way to make this baby food making thing even easier. Can't wait to do this one again!!
Fantastic and yum!
ReplyDelete