Right now, it's cold. And wet. It's been cold for a few days now and this past Monday, I finally cracked. I turned on the heat - in August!!! Cold and rainy days make for more time than usual spent indoors and the
toddler trampoline can only do so much in the energy exertion department. I decided to take a different approach and channel that energy into a little "fine motor skill" development. So, daughter and I embarked on some craft making. Here's what we came up with:
Toilet Paper Roll Binoculars - anyone who has a child interested in Dora or Diego will love the binoculars (or spotting scope if you only want to decorate one roll). We made these during the last cold snap and she has been playing with them ever since; using them to spot animals in the jungle (aka our home) so she can rescue them. Gotta love imagination.
Potato Stamp Art - This was so much easier than I thought it would be to prepare. I just cut potatoes in half, carved a shape then sliced about 1/4 inch off the end so the shape would protrude. Dip in paint and stamp. She was amazed by this since we had only painted with brushes and fingers prior to this.
And we also made an
egg carton caterpillar and a
paper bag puppet. Neither of which have photos because...well, let's just say she's 2 and not all projects make it to completion. And there may have been a time out involved.
Here' s hoping for sunshine soon. In the meantime, we'll just keep filling our days with momstown playdates and lots and lots of crafts.
Great indoor activities!
ReplyDelete