.....Legend holds that Glendower, a vanished Welsh king, sleeps beneath the hills until he's needed. The first person to find him will be granted a wish—either by seeing him open his eyes, or by cutting out his heart.
Gansey has it all—family money, a car, time for extracurriculars and friends—but he's always loved the tales of sleeping kings. He thinks he's found one, too, or at least the area where one might be: in the town of Henrietta, Virginia. And the best way to be there is to attend the prestigious Aglionby Academy for Boys.
Blue is the daughter of the town psychic in Henrietta, Virginia, but is too practical to believe in things like spirits or true love. Her policy is to stay away from Aglionby boys...but it may be that one in particular can change her mind about magic, and maybe even love.
What our Mamas had to say about the book:
"... I didn't really expect Noah to be dead, although looking back there was a bunch of foreshadow on it!" ~ Amber
"...I got really into the last part of the book, when we find out that Noah is actually dead." ~ Jen
" I
liked how in the book that they gave you something to look forward to. You wanted
to read to find out when and how this event was going to happen. Also one of
the characters had a good twist. I did not see it coming but I liked how it
pulled the story together. The characters were well characterized and I felt
for them." ~ Nicole
Thank you again to Scholastic Canada for sponsoring our book club!
We are now onto a new book and welcome anyone to join us. Please email info.calgary@momstown.ca for more details.

No comments:
Post a Comment