With my three kids back in school, my mind is finally shifting to breakfasts and lunches. It is important for me to send my babes to school with bellies full of nutritious food so that their brains will be firing on all cylinders. I want to provide healthy options for my kids, but with a busy schedule, I am also looking for quick and easy options. Here are the top 5 foods that my kids love to eat for breakfast.
1. Toast & Peanut Butter - I'm sure they would eat this every day if I let them! Whole wheat/grain bread with globs of peanut butter and fruit on the side is a staple in this house. With a glass of milk on the side this is an easy breakfast that won't burn off in 60 seconds.
2. Cereal & Milk - a classic from my school days! My kids like to eat cereals like Rice Krispies, Corn Flakes, Vector and Cheerios. As usual, they have fruit on the side and a glass of half juice/half water. I'm not sure where this came from but I feel better about them having less juice and they don't mind drinking it!
3. Granola and Yogurt - This is so easy and quick: a small scoop of granola, a medium scoop of yogurt and some cut up bananas or strawberries. A couple of things to point out, I only buy full fat yogurt (not quite sure about stuffing my kids with aspartame), and I don't buy the high sugar granola. Make sure you compare the labels.
4. Bagels with Cream Cheese - If I can find the new thin bagels I buy those, otherwise I restrict them to half a bagel each. This comes with a side of fruit (which by the way can be as easy as breaking a banana in thirds for my three kids.
5. Apple/Peanut Butter/Cinnamon Wrap - I've saved the BEST for last! Take a whole wheat wrap, spread a layer of peanut butter, thinly slice apples and sprinkle with cinnamon. Role it up, cut it in half and get ready for big yummy smiles! For an added treat, I've even been known to drizzle a bit of syrup on - the kids love it!
Everything on this list is quick and easy to make. In fact my kids can make almost all of it too! It is also not full of extra sugar and isn't processed/packaged with unknown items listed on the ingredient list. Where possible, I buy organic, low sodium and low sugar. I also avoid artificial sweeteners.
What do you serve your little ones?
Can you imagine sending your kids to school every morning without breakfast?
It's hard for kids to learn without a nutritious breakfast. Breakfast for Learning is a great program that helps our kids head to the classrooms with full bellies. Tropicana is doing its part with the Tree of Giving campaign. You can do your part by simply picking an orange!
Just go to the Tree of Giving and pick an orange!
Don't forget to share it with your friends!
Can you imagine sending your kids to school every morning without breakfast?
It's hard for kids to learn without a nutritious breakfast. Breakfast for Learning is a great program that helps our kids head to the classrooms with full bellies. Tropicana is doing its part with the Tree of Giving campaign. You can do your part by simply picking an orange!
Just go to the Tree of Giving and pick an orange!
Don't forget to share it with your friends!
The sound of school bells ringing in the distance...!


Love the wrap idea!
ReplyDeleteThese are great ideas! I'm going to try each of these out!
ReplyDeleteHi, I do think this is a great site. I stumbledupon it ;) I may come back yet again since I book-marked it.
ReplyDeleteMoney and freedom is the best way to change, may you be rich and continue to guide others.
My web page - what to do to Earn money
What's up mates, how is all, and what you would like to say regarding this paragraph, in my view its truly amazing designed for me.
ReplyDeleteHave a look at my blog ... ways to make money online for free
My web page: make free money online
I was very happy to find this web site. I want to to
ReplyDeletethank you for ones time just for this fantastic read!! I definitely enjoyed every part of it and i also have you saved
as a favorite to look at new things in your site.
Here is my web site; forex blog
great points altogether, you just received a new reader.
ReplyDeleteWhat may you recommend in regards to your put up that you made some days ago?
Any positive?
Also visit my site; get free money on paypal
Heya i'm for the primary time here. I came across this board and I find It truly useful & it helped me out much. I am hoping to provide one thing again and help others such as you aided me.
ReplyDeleteFeel free to visit my weblog Geld verdienen
Definitely believe that which you said. Your favorite reason seemed to be on the net the simplest thing to be aware of.
ReplyDeleteI say to you, I definitely get irked while people think about
worries that they plainly don't know about. You managed to hit the nail upon the top and also defined out the whole thing without having side-effects , people can take a signal. Will probably be back to get more. Thanks
Also visit my page; Geld verdienen
It was really nice to study your post. Revoluza Anmeldung . Revoluza vereint erstmalig 3 Industrien zu einem eingizartigen Business! Adult Entertainment, Network Marketing und das Internet. Visit here : Revoluza Network
ReplyDeleteHey there I am so happy I found your website, I really found you by accident, while I was
ReplyDeletebrowsing on Bing for something else, Anyways
I am here now and would just like to say kudos for a tremendous post and a all round interesting blog (I also love
the theme/design), I don’t have time to read it all at the minute but I
have book-marked it and also included your RSS feeds, so when I
have time I will be back to read more, Please do
keep up the excellent jo.
Also visit my web blog; binary options reviews
You reаlly make it ѕeem so easy wіth your preѕеntation but I find this toρic to be reallу something which I think I
ReplyDeletewоulԁ nevег underѕtand.
It sеems too cοmplicаtеd and
very brоаd for mе. I am looking forwaгd for your next рoѕt, I ωill tгy to get the hang
of іt!
mу ѕіtе - diamondlinks review